Your account may have been blocked for comments which violate our Commenting and Submission Guidelines.
Our commenting platform is a place for vibrant debate on the subject of our articles. We value this space as a community where different opinions can be respectfully stated and criticised. In order to maintain this community, we uphold high standards for all comments posted on SCMP.com.
For your comment to pass moderation and be published, it should reflect the South China Morning Post’s standards for civility. Types of comments that will not be allowed include (but not limited to):
- All comments that are illegal under relevant applicable laws
- Are discriminatory or express prejudice on the basis of race, ethnicity, country of origin, gender, sexuality, religion, or disability
- Personal attacks on other forum participants or SCMP reporters
- Comments which appear to be inciting hatred or discrimination
- Profane, violent, obscene or offensive language - including the use of symbols or emoji
Furthermore, we ask that you refrain from posting comments that contain commercial promotion or sponsorship.
If you have questions or wish to enquire about your account, please contact us via email@example.com.